Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MS Windows Java console and firewall - what ports - resolution

2006-06-08 06:23:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MS Windows Java console and firewall - what ports - resolution
From: jim222mcd at gmail.com (Jim McD)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 20:23:20 +1000
Most of those in the listed, its in the manual what it not documented that
well is ...........
On you desktop go to C:\Program Files\Veritas\java   or where the desktop
client is installed in there lives files with names of the format
    hostname.vrtsnbuj
Change the line SET NBJAVA_CONNECT_OPTION= to have the value 1 the default
is zero  it should look like this
      SET NBJAVA_CONNECT_OPTION=1
Do this to all files hostname.vrtsnbuj
Test impact on conectivity to other master servers - there should be none.
Netbackup appears to grab any of these files irrespective of which host its
connected to. If you have a specific match to the master you are connecting
and set it as above. It may not work cause its a different .vrtsnbuj
........very dodgy....another example of rainforest software.

--

Regards    Jim