Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle restore problem

2006-06-01 13:30:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle restore problem
From: juan.almeida at terra.com.br (Juan Pablo Almeida)
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 14:30:09 -0300
Hi,

        We are backup um 300 Gb Oracle 9.2 databases using 9 channels
(multiplexing) to one SDLT320 at 250 Mbits/sec (network speed)

        This are running ok, the problem is when we are restoring to another
host (alternate restore) the jobs simply stops whitout any error message.
        The restore works fine if we do it using only one channel.

        Veritas are working on the case, but until now we haven't get any
satisfactory results.

        Master: Solaris NBU 5.1 MP4 + ORA
        Media 2 Linux AS3 NBU 5.1 MP4 + ORA
        Backup Client Linux AS3 NBU 4.5 FP8 + Oracle 9.2
        Restore Client Linux AS3 NBU 5.1 MP4 + Oracle 9.2

        Have you ever seen something like this?

Att,

Juan