Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault and partial success images

2006-06-01 10:10:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault and partial success images
From: wts at maine.edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:10:33 -0400
Your Veritas confidant had not a clue.  Your Symantec advice is correct.

A status code of 0 or 1 results in a "good" backup image and the image
descriptions are saved in the NetBackup catalog.

Vault duplicates images according to the filters you define, not any
status code.

I had a similar problem (bpduplicate would get confused at times when an
image spanned tapes).

My problem was corrected by v5.1 MP5.

cheers, wayne

P.S.  We didn't need a copy of the daily digest attached to your post,
Jonathan! ;-)