Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 5 for ndmp restore

2006-05-26 09:38:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 5 for ndmp restore
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:38:24 -0400
I am trying to restores a folder on one of our netapp filers. When I try
and run the restore it mounts the tape, skips to the file and the starts
reading the file and it stops with an error 5. Nothing in the logs other
than the system failed to recover the necessary files. Since it is a
file there are no logs on the filer to check. We can see the job start
on the filer, mounting a tape and then sits their. Even after netbackup
stops the job the filer keeps the job activate for a short while
afterwards then stops the job. Nothing on the logs that show any
indication of a bad tape or nothing access issues etc. I can back up
this filer with no problems. I hate this generic message. Any ideas?

Greg