Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Unix HP11i - Cumulative Incr is doing fulls

2006-05-25 10:50:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 Unix HP11i - Cumulative Incr is doing fulls
From: nbu.admin at gmail.com (Steve)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:50:20 -0500
This is not UNIX specific but I would verify the following

1) Full and the INC are in the same policy. INC backups only check against
FULLs if they are in the same policy.

2) Not sure if this applies to UNIX but are you doing backups based on
modified time or Archive bit. I have seen some applications (virus scanners
mostly) that change the modified time of a file when it scans it.

I cant think of any reason why a STU change would cause this but a Policy
change could.

Hope that helps
Steve