Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is v6.0 MP2 safe? I'm confused.

2006-05-24 16:11:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is v6.0 MP2 safe? I'm confused.
From: spe08 at co.henrico.va.us (Spearman, David)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:11:14 -0400
Cheryl,

I can't speak for everyone but we upgraded from 5.1mp4 directly to
6.0mp2 and have had no real problems related to the application. We have
a W2K3 master.media and another W2K3 media server attached to a scaler
2000. I have tested it fairly well including restores to w2k and w2k3
domain controllers, regular win file servers and our RedHat boxes are
doing fine as well. At this point we are waiting for a Linux BMR license
to give that a whirl. I was very impressed with the new implementation
of ndmp/sso. It is soooo much easier to set up than 5.1.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, VA.