Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Retention Period Question

2006-05-16 09:40:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Retention Period Question
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:40:05 -0400
Most people run a full backup weekly and then incrementals in between
and then set your FULL retention to 60 days.  Consider what happens if
1 full went bad? You would be out many weeks of data!

Also, that is a bad way of doing things, 1 full every 4 weeks and X
number of incrementals? You'll spend a VERY long time restoring the
incrementals after you restore the full backup.