Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] URGENT AND HELP Quickest Way to Freeze Tapes

2006-05-12 10:58:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] URGENT AND HELP Quickest Way to Freeze Tapes
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:58:39 -0400
--=_alternative 0052466F8525716C_=

Those commands work on Windows.  You need to login as administrator on the
media server
that knows about the tape and go to the D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd
directory .
You can run the same commands as unix from that directory on the windows
server.
Note this is for Netbackup 5.1 or earlier, on 6.0 it will be different.

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Infrastructure Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
05/12/2006 10:24 AM
Please respond to
dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net

"WEAVER, Simon" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
cc
"'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] URGENT AND HELP Quickest Way to Freeze Tapes

arr ok.

Also i just realized you are windows aint ya :) so my unix stuff wouldnt
work anyway

WEAVER, Simon wrote:
> Dave
> Thanks - in fact I done it a while ago now - using the manual method,
but it
> did not take as long as I expected :-)
>
> Thanks anyhow
>
> Regards
>
> Simon Weaver
> 3rd Line Technical Support
> Windows Domain Administrator
>
> EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
> Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU
>
> Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.

--=_alternative 0052466F8525716C_=

need to login as administrator on the media server</font>
the D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd directory .</font>
from that directory on the windows server.</font>
on 6.0 it will be different.</font>
Carl Stehman<br>
IT Infrastructure Team<br>
Pepco Holdings, Inc.<br>
202-331-6619<br>
Pager 301-765-2703<br>
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com</font>
AT fjserv DOT net&gt;</b>
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</font>
AT astrium.eads DOT net&gt;</font>
edu'&quot;
&lt;veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu&gt;</font>
Way to Freeze Tapes</font></table>
Also i just realized you are windows aint ya :) so my unix stuff wouldnt<br>
work anyway<br>
D<br>
WEAVER, Simon wrote:<br>
&gt; Dave<br>
&gt; Thanks - in fact I done it a while ago now - using the manual method,
but it<br>
&gt; did not take as long as I expected :-)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks anyhow<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Regards<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Simon Weaver<br>
&gt; 3rd Line Technical Support<br>
&gt; Windows Domain Administrator <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)<br>
&gt; Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: Dave Markham [mailto:dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net] <br>
&gt; Sent: 12 May 2006 14:25<br>
&gt; To: WEAVER, Simon<br>
&gt; Cc: 'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'<br>
&gt; Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] URGENT AND HELP Quickest Way to Freeze Tapes<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; If its all tapes in your robot id do something on command line for
a loop.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Off top of my head id do :-<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; echo &quot;s s&quot; | /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r &lt;path to
robot. e.g<br>
&gt; /dev/sg/c3t0l0&gt; |awk '/Barcode/ {print $NF} |xargs bpmedia -freeze
-m<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; If that dont work take off the | xargs bpmedia -freeze -m and do :-<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; echo &quot;s s&quot; | /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r &lt;path to
robot. e.g<br>
&gt; /dev/sg/c3t0l0&gt; |awk '/Barcode/ {print $NF} &gt;/tmp/list<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; for x in `cat /tmp/list`<br>
&gt; do<br>
&gt; bpmedia -freeze -m $x<br>
&gt; done<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Then you will have to press y a few times :)<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hope this helps and theres probably an easier way<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; WEAVER, Simon wrote:<br>
&gt; &nbsp; <br>
&gt;&gt; */Guys/*<br>
&gt;&gt; */Have 137 Tapes in my Robot I need to freeze VERY quickly in
&gt;&gt; preperation for new media./*<br>
&gt;&gt; *//*<br>
&gt;&gt; */apart from bpmedia -freeze is there anything in the gui that
will<br>
&gt;&gt; allow me to freeze all tapes or all tapes in a volume?/*<br>
&gt;&gt; *//* <br>
&gt;&gt; */thanks/*<br>
&gt;&gt; &nbsp;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; /Regards/<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; /Simon Weaver<br>
&gt;&gt; *3rd Line Technical Support<br>
&gt;&gt; Windows Domain Administrator*/<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; /EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)/<br>
&gt;&gt; /Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU/<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; /Email: //Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net/ <br>
&gt;&gt; &lt;mailto:Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &nbsp;<br>
&gt;&gt; This email is for the intended addressee only.<br>
&gt;&gt; If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain,
&gt;&gt; disseminate or otherwise deal with it. Please notify the sender
by <br>
&gt;&gt; return email. The views of the author may not necessarily constitute
&gt;&gt; the views of EADS Astrium Limited.<br>
&gt;&gt; Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any
contract<br>
&gt;&gt; or obligation.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259
&gt;&gt; Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire,
SG1 <br>
&gt;&gt; 2AS, England<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; &nbsp; &nbsp; <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; This email is for the intended addressee only.<br>
&gt; If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.<br>
&gt; Please notify the sender by return email.<br>
&gt; The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of
EADS Astrium Limited.<br>
&gt; Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any contract
or obligation.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259<br>
&gt; Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1
2AS, England<br>
&gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<br>
&gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &nbsp; <br>