Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Datacenter 4.5 Question

2006-05-12 09:46:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Datacenter 4.5 Question
From: bob944 AT attglobal DOT net (bob944)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:46:53 -0400
> I'm a little confused by the datacenter documentation in Veritas
> Support.  It looks like the FP7 8 and 9 are not cumulative, and the
> documentation says you must install them on top of FP6, which is
> cumulative.  My question, is that I need a bug fix present in 8, is 9
> cumulative back to 7 or do I need to run 7,8 and 9 individually?  I'd
> like to update to FP6 as long as I have a maintenance window, even
> though the fix I need is present in 8.

Jonathan - 4.5FP6 was the only aberration--a whole CD-image release to
banish OTM, reinforced by the requirement for FP6 to be in place to
apply later updates.  Other than that, all the MPs (and the 4.5
F[eature]Ps) are self-contained and cumulative.  Install the latest one
and you get everything in the earlier ones.  So your path is as you
expect:  backup, catalog backup, FP6, FP9.