Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] URGENT AND HELP Quickest Way to Freeze Tapes

2006-05-12 09:25:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] URGENT AND HELP Quickest Way to Freeze Tapes
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:25:17 +0100
If its all tapes in your robot id do something on command line for a loop.

Off top of my head id do :-

echo "s s" | /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r <path to robot. e.g
/dev/sg/c3t0l0> |awk '/Barcode/ {print $NF} |xargs bpmedia -freeze -m

If that dont work take off the | xargs bpmedia -freeze -m and do :-

echo "s s" | /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r <path to robot. e.g
/dev/sg/c3t0l0> |awk '/Barcode/ {print $NF} >/tmp/list

for x in `cat /tmp/list`
do
bpmedia -freeze -m $x
done

Then you will have to press y a few times :)

Hope this helps and theres probably an easier way