Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Symantec and Linux support

2006-05-11 20:08:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Symantec and Linux support
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:08:22 -0500
On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 11:54:20AM -0500, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 12:36:13PM -0500, Rob Worman wrote:
> > FYI on this topic of NBU support and RedHat 3 in particular...
> >
> I've spoken with our Symantec Sales Account Manager and had it confirmed
> by our Symantec Systems Engineer that in this case, the next major
> release is 6.5.  I also had this confirmed by the local SE Manager.

I just received email from the same local SE Manager admitting that he
was wrong.  For the purposes of the compatibility documentation, the
next major release is NetBackup 7.0.  There's no release date for this
but it will likely be 2-3 years out.  That lines up nicely with the RHEL
3 roadmap.

I'm satisfied that Symantec will meet our business needs for NetBackup
on RHEL 3.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA