Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone have an StorageTek SL500 library?

2006-05-11 12:24:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone have an StorageTek SL500 library?
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey Feskens)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:24:30 -0700
Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 07:19:00AM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
>
>> We will be receiving an EVAL unit soon and wonder if anyone had any
>> opinions on this library?  For instance, how reliable is it compared
>> to say, an L700?
>> Suppose an L700 is better, but the other problem is STK is deprecating
>> that library soon and the SL500 is going to be the newly supported
>> library.

We've had one in production for a year.  We had to have a backplane replaced
almost immediately, but haven't had any problems other than that.  We
haven't
had any issues with the picker in a year.

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette Integrated Technology Services
Willamette University, Salem, OR