Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sg / sgen driver issue

2006-05-10 14:32:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sg / sgen driver issue
From: Young.Song AT NOVELLUS DOT com (Song, Young)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:32:36 -0700
I'm trying to set up Sun Fire-480R as a new backup server to replace an old
one and in a situation where I'm stuck and thus want to ask here.

I'm running Solaris 8 with all the latest Solaris patches including st
driver patch, etc. & latest SAN Foundation Kit 4.4.9.

And I have a FC-attached HP MSL 5060 library with 2 LTO-1 drives via Brocade
Silkworm switches.

After installing NetBackup v5.1, I tried following the steps in
MediaMgr_DeviceConfig_Guide.txt but no matter what I tried, I couldn't have
it see both tape drives properly and I believe it's something to do with
sg.conf, sg.links, & devlink.tab files. However, I may be wrong.

I tried all I could try with cfgadm, devfsadm, luxadm, zoning, etc. and know
that I have all the proper connections and the box can see the library
itself but not all the drives.

Anyone experienced similar things and have any advice?

Thank you in advance!!!

- Young