Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Shortening Timeouts

2006-05-10 14:05:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Shortening Timeouts
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:05:59 -0400
Last night, we had some of our servers powered down for some early
morning power maintenance.  I have been looking at the logs for the
backups to analyze failures.  One thing I have noticed is that for the
powered off servers, it took over 3 hours for the job to fail.  Given
that the server is unavailable, and looking at my Timeout settings on
the Master, why would it take 3 hours, rather than 5 minutes?  Is there
a way to expedite the failing of jobs for unreachable hosts?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer