Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using scratch pool with mixed libraries

2006-05-02 10:09:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using scratch pool with mixed libraries
From: kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu (Kathryn Hemness)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 07:09:19 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings --

All of my backups are written to disk storage units and then I use scripts
to duplicate the images to tape.

Originally, my libray had 4 LTO2 tapedrives and I've added 2 LTO3 drives.
I can successfully duplicate backup images to LTO2 tapes with the LTO3
drives configured as HCART3, but I haven't been able to force NetBackup
to use LTO3 tapes on the drives when the drives are configured as HCART3.

I've configured the duplication scripts to use a pool containing only LTO3
media, but NetBackup insists on pulling tapes from the scratch pool containing
LTO2 media.

Is there anyone here using a scratch pool with a single library containing
multiple types of tape drives and media?

--kathy