Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help! All Tapes From Scratch Gone - All jobs failed :(

2006-05-02 08:36:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help! All Tapes From Scratch Gone - All jobs failed :(
From: brooksje AT longwood DOT edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:36:59 -0400
I just dealt with a very similar issue last week.  I had the drives in
my ADIC i2K bouncing; I could bring them back.  But when a backup would
run, it would error on tapes with a robot error and freeze them.
Unfreezing (about which I queried this group last week) worked and
brought them back.  I opened up a case with Veritas and all the tech did
was confirm some things.  Ran the "Configure Storage Devices" wizard and
there were no changes, but that seemed to make things happy.  I'm
looking to upgrade the drives on my HBAs - NBU 6 is evidently quite
rough on the drivers.

A couple of things I did before the case was run both Drive and Robot
diagnostics.  All seemed well there, as long as the drive didn't fail.

Hope all that might help,

Jason