Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Microsoft Exchange Backups ... [recommendations please]

2006-05-02 04:46:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Microsoft Exchange Backups ... [recommendations please]
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:46:14 +0100
Alex
Personal preference of the Exchange Admin I would guess. Ask them to read
the differences between a full and incr backups.

For the record, a Full does a full DB Backup and then purges the log files -
Incrementals will do the log files - I know some Exchange Admins prefer full
backups only.

Again, comes down to what they want to do, and may relate to recovery in
some cases - although unlikely. At the end of the day, in a failure it's the
last full plus the incremental backup.

As long as the databases are set to overwrite with a restore, should be ok!

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium-eads DOT net