Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Some findings with NetBackup 5.1 and 6.0 (bpreco ver not working)?

2006-04-27 08:47:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Some findings with NetBackup 5.1 and 6.0 (bpreco ver not working)?
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:47:20 -0400
Ok here goes, try and restore a 6.0 catalog backup with a 5.1MP4 master server.

logbash-2.03# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprecover -dpath
/local/catalog -r

(but using 5.1Mp4 this time)

logbash-2.03# ./bppllist
fs_test
master_test
master_test_multiplex
rman_test
template_normal
template_weekend
logbash-2.03#

Hm, it appears to have worked.

I will re-install 5.1 once more and verify this is the case.