Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Drive Cleaning on ACS Libraries

2006-04-26 15:32:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Drive Cleaning on ACS Libraries
From: JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:32:19 -0400
We use TapeAlert here with our SDLT 220s.  Basically, when your drive detects
that it needs cleaning, it informs Netbackup (which is compatible w/ TapeAlert)
and the drive gets cleaned.  All you need to do is make sure a cleaning tape is
avalible and has an avalible number of cleanings.  We have seperate CLN####
Barcodes for out cleaning tapes, so there aren't any special barcode rules to
setup.

I'm not sure if any of this applies to your ACS SL8500.

-Jonathan