Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Major incompatibility!

2006-04-24 12:38:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Major incompatibility!
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:38:17 +0100
With the 5.1 Java Admin console you could not connect directly to a 4.5
server, though it said the console was compatible.   It turned out that
what you can do is connect to a 5.1 server, and then "change server" to a
4.5 server.  It requires the 5.1 server to be 'trusted' by the 4.5 server
by being in the bp.conf/registry.

Maybe the same for 6.0?   There was also some comment that support for 5.1
for NOM would come in a later 6.0 MP.  Not sure where that is.

William D L Brown

"Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
24-Apr-2006 16:58

"Rob Haig" <rhaig AT renewdata DOT com>
cc
"veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Major incompatibility!

Actually I was using the Windows NetBackup Admin Console (6.0) and
what I stated was the message in the window that pops up when you try
to connect to a 5.x server, did the Windows Admin Console also have a
-r 5.1 option?

On 4/24/06, Rob Haig <rhaig AT renewdata DOT com> wrote:
> Add "-r 5.1" to it
>     /usr/openv/java/jnbSA -r 5.1

Rob Haig and any attachments is legally privileged or otherwise
confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments
immediately. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.