Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Way to restore data using alternative media server?

2006-04-20 09:29:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Way to restore data using alternative media server?
From: jlightner AT water DOT com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:29:03 -0400
FORCE_MEDIA_SERVER entry in bp.conf would be sufficient for the same
drives on another media server in the same SSO config.   By "newer and
cleaner" drives it sounds as if you're using a different storage unit so
I'm not sure what that would require.

The entry in bp.conf would be:
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = backupserver restoreserver
**Where backup server is the one it was originally backed up and
restoreserver is the one you want to do the restore with).

Also after you set this you have to notify the daemon:

For Netbackup 5.1 (and as I recall 4.5):
Start bpadm
First menu choose:
        g) Global Configuration
Second menu choose: