Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Remotely Finding Version _AND_ patch level

2006-04-19 18:42:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Remotely Finding Version _AND_ patch level
From: sean_clarke AT softhome DOT net (Sean Clarke)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:42:10 +0100
Hi All,

I am in the process of writing a script to audit the Netbackup versions
installed on our clients and to generate alerts of our current standard
version is not installed. This was done via a spreadsheet until I found
a box with 3.2 on it and decided that enough was enough :-(

For our UNIX/Linux boxes this can be done using a loop over the output
of bpclclients that calls bpcoverage. However what I have noticed for
Windows clients is that it only reports the version number and not the
patch level (apart from a couple of NT4 boxes on 4.5FP6 bizarrely).

Our master and media servers are on 5.1, most clients are on 5.1 with a
few ancient machines on 4.5.

I logged a support call with Verimantec and the response was - nope not
implemented.......sorry!

Anyone know how to remotely get the NBU patch level installed on Windows
machines from a UNIX master server?

Cheers

Sean