Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Flashbackup concerns

2006-04-19 09:58:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Flashbackup concerns
From: mitch.lien AT medtronic DOT com (Lien, Mitch)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:58:35 -0500
Hi.

We have a few Windows file servers using NBU 5.1 MP4 which we are
currently running standard backups on.

The amount of data  and number of files on these servers has increased
significantly within the last year. It is now taking NBU almost 3 days
to completed a full backup on one of these servers.

We have been testing the Advanced Client feature "Flashbackup" and we
are seeing significant performance increases (3 days --> 10 hours).

We would like to incorporate this feature into our environment, but
wanted to see if anyone has had any issues/problems with this feature.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.