Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hardware compression not working

2006-04-18 12:16:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hardware compression not working
From: dcarlisle AT paychex DOT com (Carlisle, D Renee)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:16:27 -0400

I answered the compression issue in a previous post, we definitely are not
getting compression.  The reason I mentioned the library is that it does not
seem to be at the hardware level since the tapes are obviously compressing on
the test side of the world and we are using the same library.  IBM, Sun, and
Veritas are all involved right now (even though it is across HP, Sun, and
Windows), but everyone is scratching their heads.  Just trying to think outside
the box now.

Reneé Carlisle
Sr. Systems Administrator
675 Basket Road