Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Change retention on image and media, or just image

2006-04-13 11:36:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Change retention on image and media, or just image
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:36:11 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C65F0F.FE9AC372

I have some backups that need to be retained for longer then the
standard 4 week retention.

=20

I only want to affect the images for 1 client.  if I use bpexpdate and
tell it to change the retention on the media id it changes the retention
of every image on that media.  That normally isn't a problem, but it
changes the retention of any tapes that were multiplexed with this tape
correct?

=20

So my question is, if I use bpexpdate and change just the retention
level of an image, say from 4 weeks to 10 weeks, what happens to the
media that the image is on in 4 weeks?  When it gets brought back will
NetBackup just overwrite that image?

=20

Thanks,
Taylor

________________________________

"This email (including any attachments) is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose,
distribute or rely on the information contained in it. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply email and delete the email from your system.
Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication
are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you. Lend
Lease does not guarantee that this email or the attachment(s) are
unaffected by computer virus, corruption or other defects. Lend
Lease may monitor incoming and outgoing emails for compliance with
its Email Policy. Please note that our servers may not be located
in your country."

------_=_NextPart_001_01C65F0F.FE9AC372

xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {color:#606420;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal;
        font-family:Arial;
        color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:Arial;
        color:navy;}
@page Section1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
        {page:Section1;}
-->
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
  <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I have some backups that need to be
retained for longer then the standard 4 week =

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I only want to affect the images =
for 1
client.&nbsp; if I use bpexpdate and tell it to change the retention on =
the
media id it changes the retention of every image on that media.&nbsp; =
That
normally isn&#8217;t a problem, but it changes the retention of any =
tapes that

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>So my question is, if I use =
bpexpdate and
change just the retention level of an image, say from 4 weeks to 10 =
weeks, what
happens to the media that the image is on in 4 weeks?&nbsp; When it gets
brought back will NetBackup just overwrite that =

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Thanks,<br>

<HTML><BODY><P><hr size=3D1></P><br>
<P><STRONG><br>
"This email (including any attachments) is confidential.  If you<br>
are not the intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose,<br>
distribute or rely on the information contained in it.  If you have<br>
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately<br>
by reply email and delete the email from your system.<br>
Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication<br>
are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.  Lend<br>
Lease does not guarantee that this email or the attachment(s) are<br>
unaffected by computer virus, corruption or other defects. Lend<br>
Lease may monitor incoming and outgoing emails for compliance with<br>
its Email Policy.  Please note that our servers may not be located<br>
in your country."<br>
</STRONG></P></BODY>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C65F0F.FE9AC372--