Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Encryption

2006-04-10 10:18:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Encryption
From: austin.murphy AT gmail DOT com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:18:46 -0400
We're using the NetBackup Software encryption.  Management loves the concept.

Two important things I learned:

1. It's slow, but managable.  Switching from the AES-256 Cipher to the
Blowfish Cipher sped things up about 25%.

2. Encrypted Data doesn't compress.  You can compress the data before
you encrypt, but that just doubles the hurt.

Austin