Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Issues with NetBackup after applying Solaris patches

2006-04-06 11:27:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Issues with NetBackup after applying Solaris patches
From: GreenbergKA AT aetna DOT com (Greenberg, Katherine A)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:27:28 -0400
This kind of  reminds me of the time that there was a Solaris *bug* in
ksh that went on for like 2 years and everyone under the sun had learned
about and exploited it. Finally, Sun gets around to patching it and we
got calls like you wouldn't believe from all our DBAs, etc. who'd used
the exploit and all of a sudden their scripts weren't working...

Starting to wonder if that isn't what's going on now... Veritas
exploited something that Sun has now patched...

Fun! :)