Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Image retention/expiration help!!

2006-03-31 15:41:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Image retention/expiration help!!
From: shazari AT gmail DOT com (Shyam Hazari)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:41:02 -0500
------=_Part_1326_13414081.1143837662926

Do bpimmedia on the tape.

bpimmedia -U -mediaid <media ID>

-Shyam

On 3/31/06, Covington, Garrett <Garrett.Covington AT trizetto DOT com> wrote:

> I am having some difficulties finding the tape image expiration/retention
> date on media...
>
> Basically I have a daily tape, which when I do a vmquery on the tape show=
> that the tape is a month old since the last mount, and in the offsite
> volume
> pool, but not SCRATCH. Based on the vmquery info it would lead me to
> believe
> that the tape should be scratch (daily =3D 2 weeks retention)...and it ha=
> been offsite a month...
>
> However, I believe this was a tape that I had a request to extend the
> image
> retention...but I do not know how to get the 'last-image expiration' or
> retention data from the tape number so that I can tell Iron Mountain the
> actual date that the tape needs to come back as 'scratch'.
>
> Can I do this without needing the tape in the robot and reading the image
> information directly from the tape?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Garrett Covington
> The TriZetto Group, Inc.
> Garrett.Covington AT TriZetto DOT com
> p: 3032046695 AT vtext DOT com
> w: 303-323-6886
> c: 303-204-6695

------=_Part_1326_13414081.1143837662926

Covington, Garrett</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Garrett.Covington AT trizetto DOT
com=
">Garrett.Covington AT trizetto DOT com</a>&gt; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">I am having some difficulties fi=
lly I have a daily tape, which when I do a vmquery on the tape shows
olume<br>pool, but not SCRATCH. Based on the vmquery info it would lead me =
to believe<br>that the tape should be scratch (daily =3D 2 weeks retention)=
...and it has
I had a request to extend the image<br>retention...but I do not know how to=
 get the 'last-image expiration' or<br>retention data from the tape number =
so that I can tell Iron Mountain the
 do this without needing the tape in the robot and reading the image<br>inf=
o.com">Garrett.Covington AT TriZetto DOT com</a><br>p: <a
href=3D"mailto:303204669=
303-204-6695
ist&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=3D"mailto:Veritas-bu AT mailman DOT
eng.auburn=
.edu">Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a><br><a
href=3D"http://mailman.en=
g.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu">
http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu</a><br></blockquo=
te></div><br>

------=_Part_1326_13414081.1143837662926--