Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Image retention/expiration help!!

2006-03-31 15:13:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Image retention/expiration help!!
From: Garrett.Covington AT trizetto DOT com (Covington, Garrett)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:13:19 -0700
I am having some difficulties finding the tape image expiration/retention
date on media...

Basically I have a daily tape, which when I do a vmquery on the tape shows
that the tape is a month old since the last mount, and in the offsite volume
pool, but not SCRATCH. Based on the vmquery info it would lead me to believe
that the tape should be scratch (daily = 2 weeks retention)...and it has
been offsite a month...

However, I believe this was a tape that I had a request to extend the image
retention...but I do not know how to get the 'last-image expiration' or
retention data from the tape number so that I can tell Iron Mountain the
actual date that the tape needs to come back as 'scratch'.

Can I do this without needing the tape in the robot and reading the image
information directly from the tape?

Thanks,

Garrett Covington
The TriZetto Group, Inc.