Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to implement a multi-tape catalog backup under NetBackup 5.x?

2006-03-31 02:19:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to implement a multi-tape catalog backup under NetBackup 5.x?
From: bob944 AT attglobal DOT net (bob944)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 02:19:18 -0500
> Has anyone done or setup NetBackup to backup the catalog database onto
> more than 1 tape?  For instance, my catalog DB is > 500-600GB and will
> not fit on one tape.

No mystery--there is a fully supported procedure in the manual, complete
with step-by-step setup, operation and restore procedures.  See chapter
4 of Admin Guide volume 1, "Multiple-Tape Catalog Backups."  It is
essentially the same thing as Michael Anderson's method.

Some sites will benefit from "Catalog Archiving," in the same chapter.