Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 Jumpstart w/ Netbackup installed - Resending as text-only

2006-03-29 11:30:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 Jumpstart w/ Netbackup installed - Resending as text-only
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 08:30:46 -0800 (PST)
>  Has anyone had any experiance using Jumpstart to deploy a Solaris 10
>  Sparc image with solaris installed?

With the Netbackup client installed, you mean?

>  What must be done after installing NetBackup and before creating the
>  flash image of the system?  Are there then additional steps to take
>  once the system has been deployed through Jumpstart?

I haven't tried this myself, but I don't see any obvious issues with
doing so.  What kind of problems are you running into?

>  I ask this because I have run into a few errors relating to an
>  encapsulated file system when attempting to create the flash archive
>  of the system.

An encapsulated filesystem is an issue with volume managers like VxVM
and shouldn't have anything to do with netbackup.  In general, you won't
be able to create a flash archive of an encapsulated root disk.  The
flash restore won't be able to create the appropriate VxVM setup.

You could do it, but as a "post" step you'd need to clean up /etc/system
and /etc/vfstab and probably touch install-db on 3.x and earlier so that
VxVM doesn't launch.  With 4.x you wouldn't need the install-db, but
would need the other bits.