Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Virtual Tape Library

2006-03-28 00:28:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Virtual Tape Library
From: SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:28:25 -0700
Actually, in 5.x, VTL licensing for specific vendors was also based on
TB, migrating away from legacy per drive methodology.

>>> <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com> 3/23/2006 7:43 am >>>
NetBackup 5.n was licenced by tape drives.  NetBackup 6.n is licenced
by
TB in the VTL.  I don't know the detail, e.g. is that raw TB etc.  I
also
don't know if they changed the licencing for 5.n, or if it is still
needing drive licences.

William D L Brown

"Gary Williams" <GJWILLIAMS AT ybs.co DOT uk>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
23-Mar-2006 09:53

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Virtual Tape Library

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain
privileged
information.

If you are not the person for whom they are intended please return the

email and then delete all material from any computer. You must not use
the
email or attachments for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to
anyone
other than the intended recipient.

Any statements made by an individual in this email do not necessarily
reflect the views of the Yorkshire Building Society Group.

Hi,

We are currently looking at purchasing a virtual tape library ( HP
vls6000
), and i am finding conflicting information on how the virtual library
is
licensed, some documentation says per TB, some say per virtual drive.
Has
anyone any experience with Netbackup and a vtl and what is the actual
situation regarding licensing.

Regards

Gary

Yorkshire Building Society, which is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority, chooses to introduce its customers to:

-Legal & General for the purposes of advising on and arranging life
assurance and investment products bearing Legal & General's name; and
-Homeowners Friendly Society for the purpose of arranging stakeholder
Child Trust Funds.

We are entered in the FSA Register and our FSA registration number is
106085 http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register

Head Office: Yorkshire Building Society, Yorkshire House, Yorkshire
Drive,
Bradford, BD5 8LJ
Tel: 0845 1 200 100

Visit Our Website
http://www.ybs.co.uk

All communications with us may be monitored/recorded to improve the
quality of our service and for your protection and security.

http://www.star.net.uk