Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New (test) install of NB 6.0 on Red Hat AS3

2006-03-23 10:13:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New (test) install of NB 6.0 on Red Hat AS3
From: DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:13:16 -0800
Just to put this to bed, let me share a finding. When I re-installed, I
put the FQDN in when it asked for a host name. I rebooted, and things
seem to be working!

I guess the 'secret' for my install was to:

1) Make sure the server is in DNS and /etc/hosts.
2) When it asks for 'servername.' enter the FQDN.
3) Use the FQDN when logging into the console.

Cheers,

-dd

-Dan Dobbs, System Administrator
-Mutual Materials
-425.452.2387

>>> Peter DrakeUnderkoffler <pcd AT xinupro DOT com> 3/22/2006 2:30:55 PM >>>

I'm pretty sure that the install also doesn't set up the vm.conf
file, I think if you put a DEVICE_HOST entry.  I ran into the same
exact thing
and of course I lost my notes, but I think that was the solution, don't
quote
me though.

Thanks
Peter

Peter DrakeUnderkoffler
Xinupro, LLC
617-834-2352

Dan Dobbs wrote:
> Greetings, list.
>
> I'm doing a test install of 6.0 on a spare server to get a look at
the
> 6.0 install process, and to get familiarized with the new features.
The