Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New (test) install of NB 6.0 on Red Hat AS3

2006-03-22 16:41:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New (test) install of NB 6.0 on Red Hat AS3
From: DDobbs AT mutualmaterials DOT com (Dan Dobbs)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:41:06 -0800
Greetings, list.

I'm doing a test install of 6.0 on a spare server to get a look at the
6.0 install process, and to get familiarized with the new features. The
install seemed to go ok, got the PBX piece installed, took all the
defaults.

I noticed at the end of the install, that it seemed to want a FQDN name
for your server. At the time, I just took the defaults. I fired up
jnbSA, and I could not log into the console.  When I noticed that it
actually put 'servername.(none)' in the bp.conf,  I changed the
'servername.(none)' entries to 'servername'. Once I did that, it let me
log into the console.

However, I tried to add a storage unit (there are no devices attached,
so I was going to add a simple disk-based storage area), and it said
that it couldn't attach to vmd (error 70). I checked bpps -a, and sure
enough, vmd wasn't there. I restarted the server, did a bpps -a, and vmd
was present. But, once I fired up the console and tried to add a storage
unit again, it gave me the same (70) error.

Should I wipe, reinstall, and FQDN the server name when it asks? As
it's a test box, it's no big deal. Or, is there something else I should
check/fix to make VMD not die?

Cheers,

-dd

-Dan Dobbs, System Administrator