Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sharing tapedrives with Linux Media servers

2006-03-22 14:52:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sharing tapedrives with Linux Media servers
From: kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu (Kathryn Hemness)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:52:12 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for this great tip, Austin.

Rather than disabling the execution bit, I commented out the execution
of the make_scsi_dev from the init.d/netbackup script.  And this
modification worked.

I double-checked my /proc/scsi/scsi file to make sure that all of the
tape drives were, indeed, detected at boot and was quite pleased to find
that they were.

So now I can get back to sharing the tape drives between all of my
media servers.