Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sharing tapedrives with Linux Media servers

2006-03-22 13:59:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sharing tapedrives with Linux Media servers
From: austin.murphy AT gmail DOT com (Austin Murphy)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:59:41 -0500
I have a very similar config and the problem seems to lie in the linux
command "make_scsi_dev"   which creates and/or deletes the device
links that netbackup uses.  If a drive is in use, it will delete the
link to it for some (dumb?) reason.  make_scsi_dev gets run on every
startup.

Once all the links were created, I disabled the execute bit on this command.

This obviously doesn't address the root cause, but it stops the problem.

Austin