Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Filesystem location tracking for restores

2006-03-22 07:22:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Filesystem location tracking for restores
From: michael AT michaelbarrow DOT name (Michael L. Barrow)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 04:22:18 -0800
Tschida, Tom (C)(STP) wrote:
> So, the question is how are people tracking the moves....Excel spreadsheets?

For the most part, you will have to come up with some type of
out-of-band solution to this problem. Thus far, I've not been able to
come up with anything sexy to help with this problem. Year before last,
I made a suggestion to the NetBackup development folks to add a feature
to be able to search for a filename across the entire catalog,
regardless of the client, specifically to deal with the issue you describe.

--
Michael L. Barrow
michael at michaelbarrow dot name