Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question in regards to high availability of the catalog.

2006-03-17 10:14:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to high availability of the catalog.
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:14:25 -0500
I guess the question is can we have each mirror of the catalog running
"hot" between both sites?  So masterA dies and then masterB is booted
and takes over masterA's DNS entries and then continues to use the
catalog which is a live mirror.

Secondly, is there anything in NetBackup 6.0 in regards to high
availability over the 3/4/5 versions?

The big question is what type of fail-over systems exist in NetBackup?

Is there anything that comes close to an Oracle cluster fail-over?

Justin.