Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question in regards to high availability of the catalog.

2006-03-17 06:49:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question in regards to high availability of the catalog.
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 06:49:19 -0500
Mahesh,

Understood, however my plan is to perform an incremental catalog
backup say once a minute with syncs occuring once a minute also so the
catalog is "live" in two separate datacenters.  The idea behind it is
if datacenter1 is lost for any reason, then we can install netbackup
master software on the fail-over server, run bprecover with the path
to the catalog  on the netapp and then be good to go.

Have you seen or do you have any information or documentation
regarding running catalog backups and mirroring them across multiple
sites?  While I have not read the HA document yet, from what I gather,
they assume both the storage and the remote server are ``local'' to
the installation and not across multiple sites.

Thanks,

Justin.