Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 1053 when starting Netbackup Client Service

2006-03-16 09:35:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 1053 when starting Netbackup Client Service
From: JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:35:52 -0500
Error 54 means only that your server and client couldn't talk for
whatever reason.  Incorrect IP, old Nic Firmware, Netbackup Service
Hung, Server Down could all be error 54s.  It sounds like the issue is
the Netbackup service, and I would suggest uninstalling / reinstalling
if possible, as opposed to a repair.  Also, remember your Maintenance
Packs (MP4 etc..)    Occasionally I get a Netbackup service that hangs
while trying to restart, in which case a reboot generally solves the
issue.

-Jonathan