Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup vs Archive

2006-03-15 14:47:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup vs Archive
From: JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:47:49 -0500
I'm looking from some data that is 3 years old, of some servers that
were supposedly archived to tape way back when by no one knows who.  The
backup catalog for this time period shows none of these servers, and if
I run them through the Restore application those servers return no
records.  Does archiving data write the data to some other place?
Should I be trying to find this data some other way.  I don't know that
the data was archived, but I'm assuming that if it was backed up that it
would be in the catalog (at least.)

-Jonathan