Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Observed throughput of NBU on Sun V490?

2006-03-15 13:58:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Observed throughput of NBU on Sun V490?
From: fahnoe AT FahnoeTech DOT com (Larry Fahnoe)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:58:34 -0600
Hello,

For anyone who is running Sun V490 media servers, what sorts of tape
throughput numbers are you seeing?  It would also be very helpful to
know what types of tape I/O adapters are used for the numbers you
provide.  I'm trying to get a sense of real world performance on these
boxes, and from that would like to come up with a rule of thumb for
the number of LTO3 drives I could reasonably expect to drive at near
rated speeds assuming minimal I/O path contention.  Thanks for any
help you can provide!

--Larry

--
Larry Fahnoe, Fahnoe Technology Consulting, fahnoe AT FahnoeTech DOT com
952/925-0744      Minneapolis, Minnesota       www.FahnoeTech.com