Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating NBU Enterprise from Unix to Windows

2006-03-14 02:03:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating NBU Enterprise from Unix to Windows
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:03:30 -0000
Brian
What I done was migrate the Netbackup Clients over to a newly created
Netbackup Master Server. The old one was still in production (Netbackup 3.4)
at the time and the new Master uses the Robotic Library. Clients were set to
allow the new Server to perform backups after client upgrades carried out.

Although the old box is still available (purely for any restores past 6
months), it will soon be shutdown as the new Master has been up and running
for 6 months itself on a new Win2k3 Server 5.1 MP3

Worked for us ! And worse case, I could always import the old tapes if I
really, really had to! (So far no restores have been asked for on the legacy
kit)

Another option I also done was a few years back, upgrade an old NT Server to
a FASTER box - I built the Server with the same spec as the old, same name,
IP address, ect

The migration method was only available from NBU 4.5 onwards from what I
recall...

Simon Weaver
Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium
Tel: 02392-708598

Email: Simon.Weaver AT Astrium.eads DOT net