Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robtest documentation?

2006-03-09 12:14:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robtest documentation?
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:14:18 +0000
Barber, Layne (Contractor) wrote:

>     * Starting robtest
>           o robtest
>           o 1  --> to select TLD 0
>     * Getting help
>           o ?
>     * Looking at contents of the tape drives
>           o s d
>     * Looking at the contents of the library
>           o s s
>     * Moving a tape from a drive to a library slot
>           o s d  --> to identify drive number that has tape (Contains
>             Cartridge = yes, Barcode=XXXXXX)
>           o s s  --> to identify an empty slot in the tape library
>             (Netbackup will need to be re-inventoried)
>           o m d# s#  --> from from drive # to slot #
>           o s d  --> verify the tape drive is empty
>           o s s --> verify the library slot has the tape

You can also do this within scripts if you like ( something i found out
a while ago ), so you can automatically move stuff.

echo "m s3 d3" | tldtest -r /dev/sg/c0t0l0  <- whatever robot path is.

In a script i just get the robot path like this :-

if [ -s /tmp/robot ];then
    robot=`cat /tmp/robot`
else
    robot=`/opt/openv/volmgr/bin/sgscan |awk -F: '/P1000/ {print $1}'`
    echo $robot > /tmp/robot
fi

echo "s s" | /opt/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r $robot  > /tmp/tapes-in-robot

......blah blah

hope it helps

Dave