Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 Netbackup Client in 4.5 FP9 Netbackup environment

2006-03-07 18:03:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 10 Netbackup Client in 4.5 FP9 Netbackup environment
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:03:32 -0800 (PST)
> I am running Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 FP9 (yea yea ... I'll be upgrading
> very soon) and have a Solaris 10 client I need to backup.  I tried
> pushing out the latest client I have on the AIX Netbackup server using
> the 'install_client' script in the 'Solaris_x86_8 folder' but the
> inetd.conf said this file is no longer used for the Solaris client.

If you're running Solaris 10, you just need to run 'inetconf' to convert
the line in the inetd.conf into a service.

There should be some lines in /var/adm/messages that say something
similar after sending a HUP to inetd.

> What client do I use that will work with my Netbackup installation?
> Where can I download it?

I don't know what's best as far as versions, but it is likely that the
client you're trying to install will work to a large extent.

> One last question ... how do I clean up the install I created?  I
> removed the /usr/openv subfolders, deleted the /etc/services Netbackup
> entries and then the inetd.conf entries created.  Is that enough?

I don't think you need to back anything out.