Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Setting up a Backup Lan

2006-03-07 10:57:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Setting up a Backup Lan
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:57:24 -0500
Well, if you currently have the following:

10.1.1.1        media_server
10.1.1.2        existing_client

And you added a new NIC to each box on a difference VLAN, then you would
add new entries in DNS:

10.2.1.1        media_server-bu
10.2.1.2        existing_client-bu

Your policy in Netbackup will backup the client named
"existing_client-bu" and the bp.conf (or equivalent windows config) on
the client will have the following:

SERVER = media_server-bu
CLIENT = existing_client-bu

That's about all you need....shouldn't even need a "REQUIRED_INTERFACE"
entry, if routing is ok.

Paul