Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RESOLUTION: weird windows client issue (only seen on laptops)

2006-03-06 11:18:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RESOLUTION: weird windows client issue (only seen on laptops)
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 08:18:55 -0800
Hi,

So, as we had already noted, the issue had to be contained to the
clients, and since it was only very interesting top-top leadership in
our org, this caused us to look at applications that all three were using.

And, viola! All three had installed the AT&T Satellite Phone Internet
Dialup Service. We uninstalled that and backups are now working again.

The Satellite Internet Uplink was to be used with the deployed satphones
they distribute for DR prep to all the top dogs.

Cheers!

--Chris