Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Decommission

2006-03-03 16:21:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Decommission
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:21:51 -0800
On UNIX you would need to remove the entries from
/usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf for each corresponding server.

Looking (on our master) like this:
---------
SERVER = mediasvr1.lbl.gov
DEVICE_HOST = mediasvr1.lbl.gov
KNOWN = mediasvr1.lbl.gov
---------

I have one set for each media server.

Not sure on Windows.

Perhaps check out:
C:\Program Files\Veritas\Volmgr (??) for a vm.conf file?

You do have to restart the whole mess if you change the vm.conf file for
the changes to take effect.

HTH

--Chris