Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Decommission

2006-03-03 13:49:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Decommission
From: kdeems AT parker DOT com (kdeems AT parker DOT com)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:49:14 -0500
I have a Windows 2003 media server that I want to decommission.  The media
server has some issues; hence I can no longer backup the server using its
own storage-unit,  I am now using the Master servers storage unit.  I've
decommissioned media servers before, but never one in this state.

My main concern here is moving the media or how to handle the media in case
it's needed at some future point in time.  When I run the bpmedia -bpmove
command the I get an error message that the media is not found in the DB;
no doubt due to issues with the media server. I don't own the media server
so I cannot fix; a political thing.  Any recommendations or ramifications?
Again my focus is to move the media, then decommission the media server.

Thanks

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of
conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete
the information from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."