Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring Microsoft cluster Node

2006-03-02 10:46:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring Microsoft cluster Node
From: simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:46:16 -0000
Hi Dave
Well, if the other node is holding the resources, then it should be a case
of booting the box to an F8 prompt and choose directory service restore mode
and logon to Windows.

Launch Netbackup Backup, Archive and Restore tool , or from the Master, do a
restore to this client machine.

Select system state or shadow copy components (you did not mention what
version of windows you have).

Restore (I think) the system, but I am 90% sure the other node needs to be
taken down (or offline!!) so you may need downtime for this.

My guess is the quorom is shared?? I would think this is all ok then.

Reboot and it should come back to life!

Would have thought this would be in the SysAdmin book, but I don't have one
to hand!

I hope this is of some help - I may have overlooked something..... !!

Simon